Attorney and Certified Public Accountant
As the founder and owner of Sentry Law, Jeff is dedicated to providing his clients with excellence and personalized attention in estate planning and the management and administration of trusts and wills. As an estate planning attorney and certified public accountant in North Carolina, Jeff understands the importance of security and financial stability and helps his clients prepare for not only their own future but also the future and security of their loved ones. His commitment to helping his clients preserve wealth, safeguard their future, and create truly lasting legacies forms the foundation of his law practice.
As a certified public accountant in the state of North Carolina, Jeff has the knowledge and experience to advise and assist individuals with extensive holdings, including family businesses. In this capacity, Jeff also handles tax disputes with the IRS and the North Carolina Department of Revenue (NCDOR).
Jeff obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina, graduating with the status of Summa Cum Laude and also receiving the Honor Graduate Award as the member of the graduating class with the highest academic average. After obtaining his undergraduate degree, he went on to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Law, obtaining his degree of Juris Doctor with honors. On finishing his law degree, Jeff studied for and passed both the North Carolina Bar Exam and the Uniform CPA Exam in North Carolina in the same year.
Admissions and Licenses:
- Bar License – North Carolina
- CPA License – North Carolina
- Admitted to Practice before the United States Tax Court
- Investment Advisory Representative of Sentry Wealth, Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys (AAEPA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- NC Bar Association (NCBA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountant (AAA-CPA)
Jeff and his wife Natalie reside in Buncombe County, NC, with their young children Clarissa and Jackson. In addition to his busy work schedule, Jeff enjoys traveling and spending time with both his and Natalie’s extended families. He also enjoys being very active in his community, including church, other social functions, and local triathlons and races.
- What to Say When Someone Does Something Nice - October 8, 2016
- Why You Should Care About Trump & Clinton’s Health Care Records! - September 26, 2016
- Life Insurance (Sometimes) Doesn’t Play Well with Medicaid - September 20, 2016